Monday, February 17, 2014

The Stranger

 
 1) The Stranger is divided into two parts and I have already read part one page 59 out of 123 pages. The beginning part of the book is pleasant and very easy and simple to read the sentences are short sort of choppy showing the reader true voice of the author. I enjoyed the first part of the novel it is a well written introduction into the far more drastic things that are bond to happen thought the second part of the book, I and every excited to continue reading this unordinary book that I plan to finish very soon.
     2)The protagonist in The Stranger is a men named Meursault he seems to be an ordinary men  but is put in a position that alters his life. A What was suppose to be a fun filled at the beach turned into a senseless murder with no return. pages 57-59 the protagonist describes the sun with such drastic detail that leaves the reader wondering why? the author then compares the sun to the day the protagonist mother had died giving the reader a answer to why he describes the sun so much, the sun reminds him of a day he wishes not to remember. When he is face to face to his conflict the author begins to describe the sun hitting his face as if it was hell its self pouring down on him. Just as if the suns rays where trying to stop him from making a careless diction. From I have read the reader can guess that he will make a careless diction that he will quickly regret.
    4)Based on what I have read in this book I am very captivated by it, and is one I would recommend to all reading levels. Its simple, yet interesting, easy to read but not childish or boring, and for those who are not fund of reading, its short. A problem that may come across some with this book is, you need to stop and think about what the author is trying to say this book is not one you skim though and understand is simply. It take a little imagination, witch I believe is what keeps me captivated in this book.
    5)A quote that stood out to me is the very first sentence of the book "Maman died today. Or yesterday maybe, I don't know." I first I was puzzled because I was unsure of who maman could be, but I quickly cached on, maman being a kind named he gave to his mother. What stood out to me about this quote is the casualness of it, his tone of voice seems so calm and careless. As if him mother was just a far relative that has just passed, and you don't really don't  feel a sense of pain because you have no emotional connection to them. Its unordinary that he would speak in this tone because this is his beloved mothers passing, the person that spend her hole life caring and protecting you has just passed and the protagonist takes it as an everyday thing, as if he was saying. "Its cool mom's die everyday no biggy." This gives an emotional appeal to the reader making you want to continue reading, but yet aggravates you keeping you thinking, why does he feel this way? As I have said before this book is one you have to have a good imagination, these rhetorical devices are what keep you at the edge of your seat with this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment