Monday, June 2, 2014

Final Reading Evaluation

My personal reading goal was to read as much as possible. I believe I met my goal because the past years I never picked up a book willingly. This year I found some books that made me change the way I see reading. Now I get sudden argues to read a good book, now I actually enjoy reading. That is something I would never say in the past years.

Reading list
  • The Orphans Matters Son
  • The Stranger
  • The Immortal Life of Henrieta Lacks\
  • Looking for Alaska 
  • How to Win Friends and Influence People 
  • The Tempest 
The book I most enjoyed was The Stranger. I liked how easy it was to read and all the hidden symbols the different events and people the symbols represented. Although it was an easy read it wasn't a book you could just skim though and understand you really that to analyze and think read the book in the authors perspective.

I abandoned the book Witches I read two almost three chapters before I abandoned it. I didn't enjoy it because I felt like I was watching a Disney channel movie in my head, it was too kid like for me to enjoy and really want to continue reading.

I enjoyed the book clubs because I liked hearing everyone else thoughts on the book and what they got out of the book. They also helped you understand what confused you in the book. I would ask my group and they would help me analyze what I quite didn't understand. Although the book we chose was not one we enjoyed the book clubs were a good learning experience

Every time I read I felt smarted as lame as that sounds. Reading made me feel like I wasn't wasting my time and I was actually doing something that was helping me even if it was fun. The more I read the more i felt like my writing was getting better I got easier to write well written essays at a much faster paste. Reading made want to do better in school and try to read things I wouldn't enjoy reading in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment